The INS range is an innovative remote environmental monitoring solution for critical facilities. It is SNMP enabled, web-based monitors with alert notification to prevent abnormal conditions or disasters in advance. The device monitors environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity, voltage and other factors. It can be used in data centres through to remote rural sites.
- Real-time temperature/humidity and other environmental conditions monitoring
- Monitors the status of four user-provide contact devices to protect your critical equipments
- Management and flexible configuration via Web Browser, NMS (Network Management System), Java Applet, Telnet, SNMP or Hyper Terminal
- Automatic events notification via E-mail and SNMP Trap
- Regularly records environmental parameters for statistical analysis and event diagnostics
- Automatically assigned IP via DHCP or BOOTP
- Auto-sense to works in the 10/100Mbps fast Ethernet network environment
- Configuration utility simplifies the firmware upgrade process
- Quick and easy installation (Hot-swappable)
Versatile Sensor Support
Standard: INS 2 is supplied with an EMD (Environmental Monitoring Device) as standard.
> Temperature Monitoring: Measures temperatures between 0ºC and 80ºC with an accuracy of +/-1ºC
>Humidity Monitoring: Measures relative humidity between 10% and 90% RH with an accuracy of +3%
Extension: Two additional sensor devices can be connected to each EMD and 4 EMDs can be monitored via the INS 2.
* Addition sensor devices include:
> Security detector
> Smoke detector
> Water Leak Sensor
> Vibration Sensor
> Motion detector
> Universal (any device with normally-open or closed)
Remote Monitoring and Management of Environment
- > HTTP: Support HTTP Protocol. Remote environment monitoring and management can be easily achieved through Web
Browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape.
- > SNMP: Support SNMP protocol. Centralized monitoring and management of the environment can be accomplished by a Network Management System such as HP Open View.
- > Java Applet: Java Applet can be launched from within Web Browsers for real-time environment status monitoring with graphical data.
- > Telnet: Provides alternative method for configuration of the inSentry, which includes automatic log-out function for additional security.
- > Remote View: Designed for simultaneous environment services monitoring and management.
The INS CREMS can be used in various applications with a few examples below:
Data Centre / Computer Room / Network Operation Centre Monitoring
Data Centre, Computer Room and Network Operations Centre's need to offer the highest levels of monitoring and data protection. They are often required to provide service on a 24 (hour) x 7 (day) x 52 (week) basis, designed and provided with network infrastructure, data cabinets, uninterruptible power supplies and air conditioning. All these data centre resources and equipments need to be protected from abnormal situations such as water leakage and rise in temperature or humidity. The INS helps administrators to monitor environmental conditions and prevents your valuable equipment from damages in advance.
Research Lab / Library
Research Labs/ Libraries for science or engineering are equipped with instruments and computers. Some experiments and equipments would be affected by humidly and temperature levels or by a power/voltage fluctuation. Especially for some Labs, the abnormalities will cause serious damages to property or lives. So to prevent this, network of sensors and monitoring devices could be used in the building to monitor the environmental conditions and alert the administrators/users.
Buildings / Warehouse
Air, water, temperature, humidity and security are very important factors in buildings and warehouses which need to be continuously monitored. A water leakage will damage goods, equipments or facilities. Sensors would sense and notify alert messages of water leakage, temperature being high / low, humidity levels and voltage drop elsewhere in a building. Door security alarms and motion detectors would prevent unauthorized intrusion. The benefit of the INS monitoring and reporting such potential problems is reducing the need for regular human inspection which is inefficient in huge buildings, especially with locations difficult to access.
Cold Storage/ Food & Beverage Industry Monitoring
The food and cold storage companies are getting smarter in their approach to monitoring and controlling temperature and humidity, etc. Managing the quality of supply chain in an expanding global market with an increasing variety of food items, fresh, minimally processed and fully processed, requires reliable scientific monitoring. In most cases, temperature frequently must be considered along with relative humidity, which thus must also be monitored accurately. Producers and Venders must strive to maintain the optimal temperature and humidity while doing the production and preservation. Shippers and handlers also need to consider the different requirements of what they transport. Frequently, too much moisture causes problems because it facilitates increased microbial growth. To perform all such accurate operations we had better take advantage of environmental monitoring devices.
Air Conditioner / Refrigerator Monitoring
Air conditioners are indispensable for people who live and work in glassed-in or windowless buildings, or in the warmest and most humid places. Refrigerators are essential to make food fresh for days or weeks. Occasionally, the drain lines of air conditioners / refrigerators may become clogged, resulting in a drain pan overflow, leading to water leaks in your ceiling or walls. The leakage of water or sudden rise in temperature could affect the environment or surroundings. To prevent such unpleasant situations, an environmental monitoring device such as INS will be helpful.
The INS is a useful tool for your gardening. With the help of the INS, protecting your plants, grasses, flowers, and shrubs from severe environmental conditions has been easier or more convenient. By monitoring environment condition, you can prepare your garden, greenhouse, nursery, or farm for conditions that benefit plant growth and prosperity. Environment conditions have an effect on the health and proper care of plants. Indoor gardening is a more controlled environment, and fragile buds need the proper temperature and humidity levels to flourish. Temperature and humidity levels are essential for controlling a greenhouse environment. The INS and EMDs ( Environmental Monitoring Device) can help you to monitor humidity as well as temperature.